Below is a list of the types of items available to check out or use at the library.
There is also a small collection of special materials available for use at the library.
Early records of education in Metamora date back to 1836, a time which saw classes being held in a log house by Betty Page.
The village's first public school was built in 1845.
It’s likely that mantel clocks, kitchen clocks, grandfather clocks, and all types of pocket watches in households and businesses all over Peoria were set according to that chime, even though it was frequently off by a minute or two.
Harrison Parks, 101, sits in his clock shop in Dunlap, Ill.
The exact age of this historic home is unknown, however it is believed to have been constructed in either 1898 or 1906.
It is a foursquare house and has been well-preserved over the years. Moving his family to Washington to become the City's primary pharmacist, Israel Zinser built this house in 1878 for his family.
This building was sold in 1850 and a more substantial two-story building was constructed on the corner of Partridge and Hanover Streets, offering a one-year high school curriculum.
This structure was used until 1872 when it burnt down and a new building was built in its place. Egbert, the two-story brick building featured 4 rooms, a grammar department being on the lower floor and a high school being on the second.